ECONSULTIA believes that a strong business reputation depends on a robust data protection and information security program.
We view data protection and information security as fundamental components of doing business. ECONSULTIA is committed to protecting information assets, personal data and client information.
We believe that solid data protection and information security programs are the essential components of a leading professional services organization.
Our data protection policy is based on the following principles:
- We protect personal data using appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures. These security measures are designed to facilitate compliance with data protection requirements by design and by default.
- We process, store and disclose personal data only for legitimate business purposes.
- Our contracts with third-party processors contain terms that confirm data is managed in accordance with the same standards we implement across the enterprise.
- We give additional attention and care to sensitive personal data.
- We have identified appropriate measures to keep personal data accurate, complete, current, adequate and reliable.
- We only retain personal data in a form that permits identification for as long as necessary.
- Where applicable, we provide notice to individuals with whom ECONSULTIA engage, advising them of the purpose for which we are processing their personal data.
- We keep a record of categories of processing activities carried out. Processing activities likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons will be subject to a data protection impact assessment.
The ECONSULTIA approach to information security does not rely solely upon written security policy or standards. We also maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information through the protection of ECONSULTIA technology resources and assets.
Measures include, but are not limited to:
- Desktop and laptop full disk encryption
- Removable media encryption tools
- Desktop and laptop firewalls
- Antivirus and anti-malware software
- Multifactor authentication solutions
- Automated patching and security vulnerability assessments
- Strong physical, environmental, network and perimeter controls
- Intrusion detection and prevention technologies
- Monitoring and detection systems In addition, we invest considerable time and resources into future state security technologies.
We align our information security strategy to our technology product roadmap and maintain a close association with our technology service offerings. This properly positions us to address security issues that might otherwise threaten the confidentiality, integrity or availability of our technology resources. ECONSULTIA teams offer tools designed to help us collaborate with our clients and to securely and reliably transfer and store data.